Non profit entrepreneurs are eligible for certain benefits including grants, government surplus, and tax exemptions. We've collected links to programs and services to help non profits find opportunities available to them from the federal government.
Grants and Financial Assistance
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
Access a database of all federal financial assistance programs available to non profits.
- Charity Assistance to Businesses Affected by a Disaster
Tax information for charities that help businesses after a disaster.
- Cost-Principles for Non Profit Organizations
This Circular establishes principles for determining costs of grants, contracts and other agreements with non profit organizations.
- Faith-Based and Community Initiatives
Faith-based and community organizations are helping Americans in need and together represent an integral part of America's social service network.
- Federal Grants (Grants.gov)
Provides a comprehensive database of federal grant opportunities.
- Tax Information for Non Profits and Charities
Starting point for finding all federal tax forms and information.
- Tax Forms for Non Proft/Exempt Organizations
Links to tax forms relevant to non profits and other tax exempt organizations.
- Tax on Unrelated Business Income of Exempt Organizations
Learn about tax requirements on income from business activities conducted that are unrelated to exempt organization's purpose.
- Tax-Exempt Status of Your Organization
This publication discusses the rules and procedures for organizations that seek recognition of exemption from federal income tax under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code
Government Sales and Surplus
- Computers for Learning : Excess Federal Equipment for Non Profits
The CFL program specifically matches the computer needs of schools and educational non profit organization with excess equipment in federal agencies
- Federal Lighthouse Sales to Non Profits
Provides links for purchasing, maintaining, and preserving lighthouses.
- Federal Real Property for Non Profits
Information for eligible public institutions, and non profit organizations to acquire surplus property that the federal government no longer needs.
Programs and Services
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) Participation
CFC is the federal government's annual workplace charity campaign. This site provides information for charities interested in participating in CFC campaigns.
- Dept of Labor Resources for Non Profits
This page provides a shortcut to information and services the U.S. Department of Labor offers to non profits and nongovernmental organizations.
- EPA Resources for Non Profit Organizations
This page provides a gateway to EPA programs and services relevant to non profits, including grants opportunities.
- U.S. Post Office Discount Mailing Services for Non Profits
Non profit organizations authorized by the Postal Service are eligible for additional savings on standard mail rates.